Gas company DEPA plans to offer discounts to household consumers on a month-by-month basis, depending on its ability to maneuver, international market prices and market needs, energypress sources have informed.
DEPA also plans to offer a certain level of gas discounts to industrial producers in the medium voltage category.
The gas company has just reached a pricing-formula deal with Russia’s Gazprom for supply in 2022 whose price is 80 percent indexed with the Dutch TTF gas hub, the other 20 percent oil-indexed, deemed.
The Gazprom deal, deemed as a fair agreement by analysts, offers DEPA some leeway for discounts over the coming months.
Based on current market conditions, DEPA’s agreement with Gazprom results in a wholesale gas price of 77.40 euros per MWh, 12.60 euros less than yesterday’s gas futures prices for February.