A free webinar covering HPPs and their under-development in the Balkans, to feature sector authorities, is scheduled for April 23, 11:00 AM GMT.
Hydropower in the Balkans accounts for about 50% of the region’s installed capacity, 12.5 GW, generated by 53 middle and large HPPs and 203 SHPPs. The region’s technical potential is estimated to be about 36 GW, three times above the actual usage. More than 30 hydropower investment projects concerning construction, rehabilitation and expansion are planned to be developed in the Balkans over the next five years.
Webinar participants will be informed on:
- Overview of the hydropower market, opportunities and forecasts of future development of clean generation in the Balkans;
- Most promising projects concerning construction and modernization of HPPs planned for development within 2020-2030 in the Balkan region;
- First-hand information on HPP technological improvement and further innovations.
Webinar speakers will include:
- Željko Ratković, Department of Investments, MH Elektroprivreda Republike Srpske M.P. a.d. Trebinje, to present the topic “Energy Projects of MH Elektroprivreda RS with Relevance to Climate Change”
- Nevena Djukic, General Manager, Energy portal, to discuss “Renewable energy in Serbia”.
Have no time to join the webinar at the appointed time? Follow the link to register and get the webinar materials. The webinar will be held in English.